Not sure why I felt the need for this...I think it probably had to do with years of renting and not being able to paint at all!
Overall this wasn't as hard of a project as I originally expected it to be. I went through and measured a test section to decide on how big I wanted my stripes. I had decided on 12" to have the bigger stripe look. After that I measured from the top down.
- 12" down & mark all the way to the floor.
- Continue this way of measuring every 2 feet across
- Use a level to connect your marks
- Tape accordingly. If you look at my picture, the first tape I put down was the little pieces for where I wanted the blue to go. Then if it's on the bottom of a "blue" stripe, tape under your marks. If it's above your "blue" stripe, tape above the marks.
- Be sure to tape the ceiling, side walls and all molding.
- MOST IMPORTANT! I bought the more expensive tape. I did it for a reason. I hate seeping!! Not only did I use the more expensive tape with leak lock but I ran a credit card over the tape to push out all the bubbles.
- Wait a little while. If needed, apply a second coat.
- SLOWLY remove the tape. I was super careful and only had a few spots where the old paint came off so take your time!
- Enjoy the finished product!