We went out and bought the Weight Watchers scale. This, however, was the middle of the story. A friend of mine had been talking to me about a fitness group for a while now and I just didn't feel ready. I have been spending the last two months understanding my eating habits more. Also, I was starting to rebuild my body through Blogilates workouts (like this one), Zumba Fitness on X-Box & just about anything else that got me moving. I didn't quite have the courage yet to admit my weight issues in person, but this last Saturday was the breaking point.
The little healthy person in my head told me that not only did I need to go to the HERFitness meeting at my friend's house, but I needed to get outside beforehand too. After a two mile walk around the neighborhood pushing the double jogger, I showered and hopped in the truck. I arrived late but quickly felt welcomed. We talked about goals, found a workout buddy and then that part that I feared happened. Someone measuring me and seeing those digits on the scale...207.6 lbs. Valerie was awesome about it though. Not once did she make me feel the horrible sting of the numbers or that my goal wasn't doable. She just made sure that I understood the reality of what my goal was going to take.
Weight: 201.3 lbs today (lookie at the myfitnesspal app to the right!)
Body Fat: 74.7 lbs
Body Fat %: 37.2%
Water %: 45.8%
Bone %: 6.9%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (Last seen in High School when I was running and watching what I ate)
- Bought more yummy Life Choice Wellness bars for a quick protein dose while chasing the kiddies. Lilli loves them too! She thinks they're chocolate bars so she splits one for a snack. She's happy and I'm happy that at the very least she's getting a healthier chocolate.
- Made a list of healthy & eat clean recipes to revamp the daily cooking for my family. Picked up some pumpkin flax granola to do something yummy with first and foremost! On Tuesday, we went food shopping with our more food conscious list. Filled the refrigerator with tons of yummy stuff! There is definitely a more taste friendly healthy food out there now than there was 15 years ago!
- Bought my own shaker cup, better ear buds and better padded socks. Got out of the house and walked my butt off! 2.97 - 3.48 mph while pushing the kidlets in the double jogger. I did a total of 9.6 miles this week!
- Printed out all my skinny me pictures. They are now mocking me every time I go near the refrigerator. Yes, for me guilt is necessary!
- Filled out a workout calendar mainly using the Blogilates subscription's monthly one, adding in the HERFitness events and my own neighborhood walking.
And please…if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!