I found a smile come to my face this week over a lot of things. I’m in my pre-Isabel jeans again! They are actually going on without a struggle too. And for the other women out there…you know exactly what I mean. No hold your breath to zippering! I went to have a physical. It was actually my first physical that didn’t have anything to do with pre-natal or post natal in about 5-6 years! The hubby has weighed in at 18 pounds lost since May!
So here’s my words of wisdom for those “joining” me by reading this weekly posting. Every step forward is one less backwards. Every time you swap that soda for ice water, you’ve already made a difference. It’s not all about big victories. It’s about winning the little ones. I started this the same day as my husband. He’s doing phenomenal, but that’s his way. He doubles up PT and cuts out the McD’s. My way is slower because I want it to be. I need it to be. I need subtle small switches. The smaller the switch, the less I notice and the less I think about switching back. Find the way you know you need to do this and stick to it.
Weight: 200.3 lbs today
Body Fat: 74 lbs
Body Fat %: 37%
Water %: 45.9%
Bone %: 6.9%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (Last seen in High School when I was running and watching what I ate)
- Set a goal of walking/jogging 10 miles a week. This week I did 10.28 miles!
- Started C25K! I’m not a runner by any means so bear with me.
- Back into the pre-Isabel capris!!! AND the hubs is down 18 lbs!!!
- I stumbled upon this blog and about half way through I got teary eyed. http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html
- Filled out a workout calendar mainly using the Blogilates subscription’s monthly one, adding in the HERFitness events and my own neighborhood walking.
- Blogilates – KILLING myself with the arm challenges. They’re only 5 minutes so I just cannot rationalize not having time for them!!!
- Been looking into a nutrition supplement to help. Stay tuned!
And please…if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week!
- Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese Recipe http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and.html
- Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce http://www.marthastewart.com/904229/pasta-fresh-tomato-sauce
- Pumpkin Crunch Parfait http://nicolemichellesblog.wordpress.com/2012/09/18/pumpkin-crunch-parfait/
- Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/08/recipe-for-grilled-zucchini-pizza.html
- 100-Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlets http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/143975/100-Calorie-Pumpkin-Pie-Tartlets/detail.aspx
- Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower Recipe http://www.prevention.com/biggest-loser-recipes-19
- Personal Sized Baked Oatmeal with Individual Toppings: Gluten Free & Diabetic Friendly (we used steel cut oats) http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/