Last week I was totally taken back by something a dear friend did for me. She had been reading up on my journey and felt motivated again. I must say that I look at her in awe. I'm not sure if it was two years ago that it started but she decided to go on a journey of her own. Before I knew it I was looking at pictures of her running 5Ks and looking fabulous! Recently, she had life take over on her but she said that my words helped her get back to her fitness. I found out by receiving an email from FitBit. It had a note on it that she felt inspired and sent me a FitBit to help me. I'm not a very emotional person (well when not pregnant) and I got all teary eyed!
She is my favorite college roommate (Haha!) and I'm so happy that I could give her inspiration. Blogging my journey was something I was doing to keep me accountable but something amazing is happening too. I'm hearing that I'm motivating people. That could not make me happier!
Weight: 197.0 lbs today
Total loss: 11.6 lbs
90 Day Challenge loss: 3.0 lbs
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (Last seen in High School when I was running and watching what I ate)
- Love this blog! If you have the time, read her weight-life transformation! http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2012/09/26/how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself/
- This may seem silly to everyone but I didn't really grasp the thought of the less you eat, the lower your metabolism. Don't ask me why. I haven't the slightest clue! It probably makes my weight battle story more understandable.
- 20.42 miles walked this week! I blame the Body By Vi shakes and the FitBit for engaging my competitive nature and giving me the energy to do it!
- Been utilizing nap time for Blogilates #OMGOctober calendar!
- Oh and here's another one to stick into your brain...Fresh > Frozen > Canned
- FitBit links to MyFitnessPal!!!!
Also join us if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week!
- Asian Chicken with Wild Rice & Broccoli http://nicolemichellesblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/asian-chicken-with-wild-rice-broccoli/
- Oreo Cheesecake Shake http://bodybyvirecipes.blogspot.com/2012/04/oreo-cheesecake-shake.html
- Orange Dream Shake http://www.visalusrecipe.com/recipes/orange-dream-shake/
- Cafe Mocha Shake http://www.visalusrecipe.com/recipes/cafe-mocha-shake/