This week marked a big hurtle for me. I got passed it though and still moving strong. Some people think that it’s funny that I know myself well enough to tell you all the things I can. Well it’s because I’m finally to the point that I realized without the honesty in this that I just won’t make it. That’s where my failure really was. I was convincing myself that “I’m not that big”, “I cleaned the house so that counts as my exercise for the day”, “I don’t need to lose the weight” and on & on. I was making excuses FOR me TO me. Literally lying to myself. I knew that I wanted to get somewhere but I just wasn’t being honest so all my attempts were washes.
I also had all of the old thoughts that trying to lose weight meant that I had to sacrifice the taste. Not true! Just because it’s different doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have taste! If you open your mind and try new things, you might actually like it. It’s a concept that we are teaching our children but too stubborn to do ourselves. Healthy does not mean no flavor…just ask my husband! Our food has actually taken on a whole new level of tastes and spices! I have yet to find something too bland which is what I was starting to feel when it came to rotating meatloaf, chicken parm, mac & cheese, baked ziti, chili and pot roast. Now you probably think that I didn’t know what I was doing before…don’t get me wrong. Those are great dishes, but they were getting old to us and this gave us a reason to explore new foods! All and all, I wasn’t happy and I wasn’t honest. Now we are in our whole new world and there’s no stopping us!!!
I’m very very very happy to announce that with a week left on the road to the USMC Birthday Ball, I am in one of my dresses! For a little while I was scared that it was not going to happen but I stuck it out. It is a size 14 but any woman out there knows that with vanity sizing that could mean just about any size out there!
Weight: 189.8 lbs today
Total loss: 18.8 lbs since 9/8/12
90 Day Challenge: Down 13.67 lbs BF, 15.3″ lost & Up 3.47 lbs lean muscle
Body Fat %: 36%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (Last seen in High School when I was running and watching what I ate)
- 6 Weeks of the Challenge!!!
- Been trying the theory to Chris Powell’s carb-cycling.
- Finished the Blogilates & Weight Training‘s Pilates Burpees Battle!
- Week 2 of the C25K with the hubby’s help!
- 1 mile fun run on the 18th with the Stroller Warriors!
- 4.50 miles walked this week and 2 hours on the elliptical!
- Still doing the arms challenge at Blogilates and days off of the #NutsInNovember calendar!
Also join us if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week!
- Birthday Cake Vi Shake http://pinterest.com/pin/114560384242617068/
- Chris Powell’s Carb-Cycling Recipes: Low-Carb Day http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/chris-powell-carb-cycling-recipes-low-carb-day
- Chris Powell’s Carb-Cycling Recipes: High-Carb Day http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/chris-powell-carb-cycling-recipes-high-carb-day