I have discovered with the new house that we need to have something festive hanging in the archway from the foyer to the living room. Every holiday I can quite easily take care of that except for Thanksgiving. Such an under appreciated holiday!
DIY Fabric Bunting
Double fold bias tape
Variety of fabric
- Measure the length you need to decorate across. My bunting is 85″ across. Each flag is 8″ across sewn and there is a 5″ space between each flag.
- Cut the appropriate amount of flags for your space. Mine are double sided, so I cut 4 – red fabric, 4 – tan fabric and 2 – orange. http://nicolemichellesblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/img_0001.pdf
- Sew the front and back flags together 1/4″ seam.
- Turn inside out.
- Find the center of the center flag and the center of the bias tape cut to length. Place and pin flags going outward with a 5″ space between.
- Sew down the bias tape securing in the flags in the process.
Here’s the pattern for the flags in Google Docs 🙂 https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_q6RJ7R1iHjQW1JNFZoQzhmclU