Today is the day of the US Marine Corps Birthday Ball and the completion to two big goals I had. I had two dresses that could not even attempt zipping when I started all of this. Both are sized at 14 and now THEY FIT!
It is truly an amazing feeling to know that I could get to where I set myself to be. So many times we take for granted how little time it would actually take because it just seems too far away or too hard of a road. Well it is not. Your journey is what you make it. Adrian and I have not regretted our decision to eat cleaner and healthier. I have not sat there and said, “man I wish I would have had those McD’s fries 3 Mondays ago”. Sure, you can do a YOLO meal but the dedication to getting healthy is not in you “slipping” up. It is in you continuing on after that.
If you want to make an excuse for yourself, make sure that it is worth it. You are the one who has the benefits and the consequences to it. I have not eaten perfect for every meal. That is very far from the case. I am working on finding a way to a better lifestyle. That means that every now and then if I think about a chocolate cake for long enough…guess what? I’m going to get a slice of chocolate cake. Once that slice is done, I’m right back to my day to day. Getting fit…getting healthy…getting slimmer…getting my outside to match my inside…is more important to me than to sit down and have a second slice.
Weight: 188.9 lbs today
Total loss: 19.7 lbs since 9/8/12
90 Day Challenge: Down 14.0 lbs BF, 16.05″ lost & Up 2.9 lbs lean muscle
Body Fat %: 36%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- Day 51 of the Challenge!!!
- Week 2 Day 3 of the C25K with the hubby’s help!
- 1 mile fun run on the 18th with the Stroller Warriors!
- 10 miles ran/walked this week and 1/2 hour on the elliptical!
- Still doing the arms challenge at Blogilates
Also join us if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week!
- Chicken Rollatini Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chicken-rollatini-stuffed-with-zucchini.html
- Baked Corn and Crab Cakes http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/08/baked-corn-and-crab-cakes.html
- Chris Powell’s Carb-Cycling Recipes: Low-Carb Day http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/chris-powell-carb-cycling-recipes-low-carb-day
- Chris Powell’s Carb-Cycling Recipes: High-Carb Day http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/chris-powell-carb-cycling-recipes-high-carb-day