Making it through the holidays. A lot of people asked me why I started this journey knowing that the holiday season was coming. The answer was simple. When is it the hardest to not gain weight? When it is more of the social standard to eat anything and everything? It’s not after the New Year when everyone has made their resolution to exercise and lose weight. It’s not in the spring when people are getting beach body ready. It’s not in the summer when you’re out and about at the beach. This is the season of thick sweaters, cookies, hams, turkeys and pies.
If I can make it through this season by teaching myself the way to still enjoy & lose, I can take down anything!
Weight: 188.9 lbs today
Total loss: 19.7 lbs since 9/8/12
90 Day Challenge: Down 14.0 lbs BF, 16.05″ lost & Up 2.9 lbs lean muscle
Body Fat %: 36%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- Day 58 of the Challenge!!!
- Read somewhere that drinking 16 oz chilled water in the morning helps boost your metabolism 24%!
- Friend of mine sent an It Works wrap…trying that out today in the post-turkey haze of this house
- Week 3 Day 2 of the C25K with the hubby’s and my friend, Emily’s, help!
- 6.69 miles ran/walked this week and 22 minutes on the elliptical!
- Still doing the arms challenge at Blogilates
Also join us if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week! (Check back later for our entire Thanksgiving dinner!)