The difference in this pregnancy and my last one are really amazing. It seems that all the work that I have been putting into my body over the last year are really "showing" in success. I had to do it...get it? Showing in success! I crack myself up! 🙂
In these pictures...
Left - 12 weeks with Izzy, 212 lbs which was a 13 lb gain from 199 lbs pre-pregnancy and in maternity clothes (size 16/XL) since week 8.
Right - 12 weeks with this pregnancy, 185 lbs (7 lb gain) and still in my running gear as well as everything else. My belly is tighter and my skin doesn't itch with new stretch marks forming. I am showing already but no where near maternity clothes. Still happy in my size 12s!
Weight: 185.1 lbs today
Pregnancy Weight Start: 177.8 lbs as of 1/23/13
Week: 12 day 5
Total pregnancy gain: 7.3 lbs
- Day 65 of the second Challenge! I have altered my challenge goal to maintain a healthy pregnancy gain.
- Running in the treadmill at a 5 min run/2 min walk pace for about 45 minutes 5 times a week
- Still do it while I can! 20 “girl” push-ups, 40 tricep push-ups from the Blogilates arm challenge! No more plank attempting or tummy exercises.
- Still wearing my size 12s! Not having any issues with sizing or discomfort. Tried to wear my 14s on laundry day and they're falling off...literally. Hopefully I can stick to the sizing I've worked hard to get to.
- Starting to look into my old maternity clothes. Going to need to take a bit in on them though so sewing work ahead. I was 22 lbs lighter starting this pregnancy than any of my previous. I have bought a couple shirts but mainly because I've always had winter third trimesters. I hope the heat doesn't get to me!
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here
- Watermelon lime sorbet http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/watermelon-lime-sorbet-slices
- Chicken Salad Melt http://www.recipe.com/chicken-salad-melt-1/?socsrc=recpin020413chickensaladmelt