Enter in lack of confidence. It's hard when you're in the beginning of a pregnancy when you already are fighting the mental aspects of your body image. I'm still hanging tight in my normal clothes but there's a bump. I'm ok with the bump. Well I'm ok with it at home and around friends. They all know what and why. It's not that I've starting binging on junk food and gained a belly. I'm creating an itty bitty in there. BUT this last weekend I felt the burn of my lack of confidence in public.
When you are further on, there's no awkward female looks at what you're wearing. It's just that happy baby look. I wore my long Old Navy tank and shirt over that to properly cover the growing mid section even if I raised my arms. I felt fine walking out of the house but then when we went into a store...I felt the looks. I felt them so much that I walked around with my hand over my belly. Hoping that the female unsaid sign of "I'm carrying" would make them turn to the happy eyes. Adrian tells me that I looked perfectly fine, but we all know the female looks that burn.
At the end of our day out I wanted one thing and one thing only. A shirt. A shirt to say to the world..."I'm not chubby. I'm growing a life"
Weight: 185.7 lbs today
Pregnancy Weight Start: 177.8 lbs as of 1/23/13
Week: 14 day 5
Total pregnancy gain: 7.9 lbs
- Day 79 of the second Challenge! I have altered my challenge goal to maintain a healthy pregnancy gain.
- Back into my half marathon training. I have taken off more than enough!
- Still trying to do push-ups at night but holding form is getting a little harder as the bean gets bigger.
- Setting to do some of the easier pace Blogilates videos again to fight the laziness
- No maternity clothes yet!
- OH! And I was super excited to find a Whole Foods this weekend. They had my red raspberry leaf tea that I've used throughout each pregnancy!
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here