I’m still in shock. Six months ago I could not run more than 30 seconds without pain. Six months ago my ankles hurt…my knees hurt…my shins hurt… Every time heading out to do the C25K I thought that I was going to die. After 2 months I ran a 5K…pushing a stroller…finishing in 36 minutes.
Since I completed that challenge, it was time for another…C210K. I picked it up where the 5K finished and pushed on! All throughout Christmas and NYE vacation, Adrian and I ran. As soon as I hit 6 miles, we had a blessing of finding out I was pregnant. Well…decision time. Keep on pushing or give up? Fit mommy = fit baby so I signed up for the Run like a Diva Half Marathon.
I took a little time off from high mileage during the cold & the morning sickness. I continued on with hitting the treadmill instead of the pavement. Slowly but surely I pushed along keeping my muscles working until about 3 weeks before the half marathon. There was no more time to take it easy. It was now or never! With my husband and kids along for the run, we completed a 8 mile, 10 mile and a 12 mile run on the Sundays leading up to the day. I was also taking spin class when I could and running in between.
Well the day came and I ran. I was surely not the fastest and never will be, but I finished. The greatest feeling in the world? All the strangers along the route cheering you along and the comments of “oh my she’s pregnant too”. I did it! I didn’t give up! I ran it and pushed through it all!
Weight: 190.7 lbs today
Pregnancy Weight Start: 177.8 lbs as of 1/23/13
Week: 19 day 6
Total pregnancy gain: 12.9 lbs
- My third Challenge! Not really tracking as much except for maintaining my pregnancy gain under the healthy amount of 20 lbs.
- I took it easy with running this week leading up to the Run like a Diva Half Marathon
- On Day 11 of the 30 day squat challenge!
- Staying steady with MyFitnessPal again!
- No spin class this week but I was stir crazy…mowed the lawn and did some landscaping haha!
- Doing push-ups still! I’m up to 40
- No maternity clothes yet accept for some shirts now for the length and the maternity workout tanks
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here