Veggie-filled eggplant parmigiana boats
1 cup of sliced Mushrooms
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
Half of an onion chopped
1 cup of fresh spinach
2 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
2 tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese shredded
Grated Romano cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Frying pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil with garlic.
2. Add in onion and start to brown.
3. Add in mushroom, spinach and 1 chopped tomato.
4. Toss in basil.
5. Preheat oven to 400 F.
6. Spread second chopped tomato across the bottom of a baking dish.
7. Slice eggplant in half longwise.
8. Scoop out the seeds and place on top of the layer of chopped tomatoes.
9. Put in mix from frying pan into the boats.
10. Divide the mozzarella on top of the 2 eggplant boats and sprinkle with romano, salt and pepper.
11. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.