I was able to end 2013 how I started it...running! What a journey this year has been! In the mind frame of half marathon training, I discovered I was pregnant with my little Hannah. Pushing through the morning sickness to keep on. Determined to still complete my goals (with doctor approval of course). We ran it together. We continued on to a 10K, 2 - 5Ks and a 8K beach run. It was amazing and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Hannah and I took on some great things together.
After she was born, I hit the road to recovery. I honestly believe that I am still in it. I'm re-learning how to run after my hips went back. I'm re-learning how to breathe after my lungs expanded down again. I'm re-learning my stance and my pace. But the point is...I'm doing it. The pregnancy did not stop me. A pregnancy is a blessing, not a hurtle. And my fitness has actually been even better after making it through a pregnancy without me failing at continuing it all! Granted nursing still does stop me from a little but that's not really a "stop" just a "temporary hold" so I can be sure she's getting everything she can possibly need from me.
Here goes now…
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight as of today: 173.0 lbs
Total loss: 70.5 lbs
Body Fat %: 34% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- 15 weeks postpartum
- Started on the new Stroller Warrior "I ran to Afghanistan" campaign...16.18/250 miles
- Started a new fitness group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Hosting a Jump Start 2014 Fitness One Week Challenge
- Completed week 6 of marathon training
- Attending yoga once a week
- Trying to find a spin class to work into my week
- Registered for the Yuengling Shamrock Marathon in March!
- Registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon & Enchanted 10K to complete the Glass Slipper Challenge!
- Agreed to a Warrior Dash with the hubby
- Back in full force with logging in my MyFitnessPal
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here