Injury has hit. I was hoping that it wouldn't but it did. And it's my own fault. It's always easy to give advice but not take it right? Here I am telling people that good shoes are the world and I was holding up being fitted knowing that I have little to no arches. Well it finally caught up with me. I'm pretty sure I did something. I have to get to the doctor for a sports medicine referral but if I had to bet on it...I'd say posterior shin splints and/or tendinitis. Now why you ask? After being fitted at Try Sports in Wilmington, over-pronation due to low arches! /Facepalm! I did it to myself.
Good news is...I bought a new pair of purty running shoes that are actually going to help my running instead of helping me injure myself! I went for the Brooks Ravenna 4. I, also, tried on the Mizuno Wave 9 but they were a little woobly for my liking. They let me take the shoes for a test drive around the outside of the building! (Didn't know a place would let you do that!) I'm so excited to get moving in these babies! Also picked up some new socks that should help with the padding under the toes to stop the dreaded black toe nails.
Second makeover... MY FRIDGE! You know that saying "Abs are created in the kitchen"? Well I am embracing this now that I have been resting. It was time to shake it up and make it better. I got the idea from my dream fridge.
We trashed somethings that we were holding on to but really really shouldn't have. Now it's all nice and new! Well and some things had to stay for the babies' happiness but this mommy is much happier! So many more snacks or lunches to choose from! AND I fluctuated up 6 lbs during resting...already shed back off after 4 days of my fridge.
Here goes now…
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight as of today: 162.9 lbs
Total loss: 80.6 lbs
Body Fat %: 32% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- 17 weeks postpartum
- Started on the new Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign…27.76/250 miles
- Started a new fitness group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Marathon training is on hold. I took a week and a half off for resting an injury.
- Attending yoga once a week and thinking about another day
- We decided to transfer down to the half marathon for the Shamrock weekend. Going to push for the MCM for our first marathon. More time to train and hopefully less chance for injury.
- Registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon & Enchanted 10K to complete the Glass Slipper Challenge!
- Agreed to a Warrior Dash with the hubby
- Back in full force with logging in my MyFitnessPal
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here