What a week. What a week. I've been a little upset and taken back by a couple things lately. Honestly, I just don't know what to say about them...well except for the flat out honest truth.
1. Pregnancy does not ruin a body. Choices can make or break your body. Granted there are things that are simply out of control but come on. Don't blame a gift of being able to have a baby on what happens to your body afterwards. We are built resilient! I have friends who have had the horror stories of situations that are amazingly and wonderfully fit after their pregnancies because they have worked to get there. And I'm one of those women now.
2. Fat girls don't get the same love as thin girls or so it seems. That may sound harsh but I am beside myself with what has been happening lately. I have never ever had so many doors NOT slammed in my face. I have NEVER received so many smiles from strangers. I have NEVER EVER been treated so kindly by strangers. The only thing that has changed is my weight. After asking a couple others who've gone the same road as me...it looks like I'm not alone. Shameful. I smile, am kind and hold doors...I always have. Doesn't matter who you are or what you look like. I really hope I am wrong. Please Lord tell me I'm wrong! I hope it's a happiness or a confidence...or something anything other than weight that is causing it. So in that same thought, I need to share the wonderful blog that I read in the beginning of my journey. Still makes me cry like a baby. It's called "Hey Fat Girl!" by Flintland http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html
3. My GOOD taken back moment... It fits!!! I was beside myself when I didn't bounce back with the snap of a finger or wiggle of a nose after Hannah. I wanted to badly go to the Marine Corps Ball but it just didn't work out. So...I decided that I needed to find my dream dress in a couple sizes down. The next week I walk to the Chapel for my MOPS meeting and there she was. The perfect mermaid style gown and in the perfect color with a sign on it "free for whoever will wear it"...it was a sign. I took the dress home and didn't dare to try it on, but the next meeting I brought a dress to MOPS with a similar sign. Hoping that it would be a blessing to someone else! Anyway, I finally tried the dress on 2/11. I cried. It was like 4" from closing. I thought it was going to be hopeless...but gotta have faith! Now...she fits and this will be the dress this year!
Here goes now…
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight as of today: 152.8 lbs
Total loss: 90.7 lbs
Body Fat %: 26.4% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- 31 weeks postpartum and 6 weeks after weaning.
- Day 19 of Guns, Buns & Abs 30 day challenge!
- Been earning money for my good habits on the app Pact!
- Started on the new Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign…128.27/250 miles
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Run for Warriors Half Marathon in 2 weeks!!!
- Full force with logging in my MyFitnessPal
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here