- Do run however you enjoy it!
- Don’t allow someone else’s ideas of what “running” is and isn’t upset you!
- Do hydrate. Always hydrate. You know your body!
- Don’t listen to other people who tell you things like the 5K doesn’t warrant a camelbak!
- Do play it as safe as you know you need to! If something hurts to the point of stopping, stop.
- Don’t trust another person’s advice simply because they’ve been running longer!
- Do understand that on your very first day of running…you became a runner.
- Don’t get caught up in what a runner has to think of your running!
- Do run happy no matter what looks you may get! You’re beautifully courageous!
- Don’t allow someone to make you want to give up! Let them live in their own world of negativity.
I have been hearing and seeing way too many things in my 21 months of running. So many wonderful and beautiful stories of how people were inspired to get up and care for themselves…but also…so much crud. So many situations of people with snide remarks and spreading their callous negative body image issues onto others. All I have to say about it all?
You cannot live a positive life with a negative mind!
I have done it too. I have let the negative in and I hated what it did to me. What I would say and think. I let it go because I just want to be happy. No room for negativity anymore!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16 & 18)
- As of today: 153.4 lbs (wearing size 4)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 23% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 20% Body Fat
- OBX Marathon! I have two running partners that is in for the crazy that I am!
- Looking to speed up my half marathon to a sub 2:30 for the Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Running schedule: 8K, half marathon, 10K, half marathon, marathon and half marathon all before the year’s end!
- Heading back to weekly yoga!
- Back to the full week of the total body weight lifting/strength training plan (my favorite instagram friend sent me!!)
- Trying a new type of menu planning and slowly upping my carbs in prep for marathon training. I used one of the desserts from the Feed Zone for the hub’s birthday! OMG! I will be frequenting the peach crisp but with pears!
- Holding off on another shoe fitting. Dealing with a knee/ITB issue. Hello foam roller…how much I love/hate you! And lots of R.I.C.E.
- Started on the new Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign…195.68/250 miles
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Full force with logging in my MyFitnessPal
- Looking for recipes? Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)