It's been a year...a whole year already! I look at my baby girl and I am in total denial. I look at me in the mirror and I'm in total denial. THEN I look at a comparison picture and I am in shock. Yes, I was swollen and 3 days post labor but trust this...that was only a little swelling. My body had work to do. I waited about 2 weeks before starting walking and 4 weeks to start jogging again. I was doing the fitness 30 day challenges but taking it extremely easy on my core. Listening to my doctor and my body is everything to me. No need to risk it for a week or two when I could have to deal with something bad for who knows how long. I'm a firm believer in following the restrictions. I want to be functioning still in my years to come. Besides the unknown damage...I do not have time for that!
It's crazy to me to say this...
At 3 weeks postpartum...
- Weight - 181.5
- Body fat - 36%
- BMI - 29.3
Compared to now...
- Weight down 34.1 lbs
- Body fat down 14.5%
- BMI down to a 23.8
This is the overall change... Started in 2012 with a baby in 2013 and back at it full force for 2014!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 147.6 lbs (wearing size 2/4)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 21.5% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 20% Body Fat
- OBX Marathon!
- Looking to speed up my half marathon to a sub 2:30 for the Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Running schedule: half marathon, 10K, half marathon, marathon and half marathon all before the year's end!
- Started to avoid my scale more and look at the image in the mirror. I have muscle definition coming through now and my clothes are fitting better so no need to let that scale number even be seen!
- Lots of Marathon training
- Stretching, rolling and stretching some more
- Menu planning tons! Check my "Fit Foodie" blogs for all that we've tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- On my way to the Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan and back” campaign with 400.74/500 miles!
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 530 day streak!