So... Hmm... What to say. What to say. How about... AHHHHHHHH!
Since that's done, allow me to continue on with my game plan. I'm a first time marathoner so really I'm meshing and molding together things I am hearing from everywhere. Most importantly...the runner's suitcase!
What to Pack for a Marathon - BEST TIP!
"TIP #3 Wear compression socks - When traveling, whether flying or driving, wear compression socks, preferably the full foot ones. Compression socks assist with the venous return of blood so they help prevent blood from pooling in your lower legs when sitting for long periods of time. Compression socks can help you avoid "dead legs" on race day. Wearing them while walking around the expo is also a good idea too. "
Here's my bag...
- Running shoes
- Running socks
- Short-sleeve running shirt (Tech shirt made for the race!)
- Long-sleeve running shirt
- Poncho/Trash bag (looking like rain!)
- Running capris
- Compression sleeves (Bringing both CEP & CWX)
- Arm warmers
- Sports bra
- Sweaty band/bandana
- Hair bands/barrettes
- Second pair of running shoes (Need to make sure that I'm constantly correcting my flat feet while walking around!)
- Throw-away long-sleeve t-shirt
- KT Tape
- Small vaseline
- Extra safety pins
- Garmin watch AND Charger
- iPhone AND Charger
- Freezer bag to keep phone dry
- Stick roller
- Chap stick
- Nuun tablets
- Clif Chocolate Chip Bars (whole box: 1 for run and the rest as a "safe" snack)
- Breakfast for the morning of the race (banana and nutella sandwich)
- Icy Hot & Biofreeze
- Bottled water
- Wet wipes
- Prescription medications
- In case of emergency list
- Travel itinerary with confirmations and directions
- Race bib # & confirmation papers
- Gear check bag
- Warm clothes to put on at the race finish
- Comfy shoes (UA squishy flip flops!)
Rest of packing...
- Clothes for ride in & ride out
- Bathroom bag
- Marathon book to read night before (need my head focused)
- My pillow