Comfort zones are not actually comfortable. They are places that hold people back from where they are meant to be. A place where people can hide from what they are afraid of. From what they don’t want to face. I should know…I never wanted to really leave mine BUT I wasn’t comfortable in my own skin so I did what was necessary for me.
I posted a picture. A real picture. Unedited! It was nerve racking. I was paranoid of what people were going to say and going to think!
I still get questioned of why I put my bigger body pictures out there for people to see. The answer was and still is…honesty. http://crazyrunderful.com/2012/06/01/first-comes-honesty/
I needed to be honest with myself about where I was and for me, knowing how to dress to flatter it, other pictures didn’t show what was really going on. I knew if I took the picture that I was not imperfection vetoed and posting…it would force me to be honest and stay honest. I was vulnerable. Completely vulnerable… http://crazyrunderful.com/2012/09/24/the-why/
I made a pledge to myself that it would no matter what be my “before” picture. I had to step out of my comfort zone to find what I had never known. Looking back…I do not regret it one bit. I have had an overwhelming showering of love from people as a struggled through the process, had a baby and then had to struggle all over again. There were so many people that were inspired to take their own journey.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 141.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 21.5% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 20% Body Fat
- Upped my nightly routine to 60 crunches, 30 side crunches each side, 40 squats, planking AND LOTS of stretching
- Loving macros! I’m actually scurrying to ensure I’m eating more which is awesome!
- Signed up for Marathon 2! Shamrock Whale Challenge!!!
- On my way to the Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” and back and back again (LOL!) campaign with 676.85/750 miles!
- Menu planning tons! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 595 day streak!