I think sometimes it's hard to really respect one mile of running. Here I am training for 26.2 miles and I find myself having moments where I'm scoffing at a 5K. Not sure where that came from but I needed to take a step back.
Meant 20 minutes of pushing through in 2012
Pregnant running in the heat for 15 minutes in 2013
Pushing it through the cold for 9 mins in 2014
Regardless of the time that it took, the effort has remained the same. The length of 5,280 feet does not change. One mile running is the basis for everything that will follow. It's the building block for all the rest.
I remember how humbling the feeling the very first mile felt...then to move on to two...then a 5K. The joy from tackling one mile at a time...it's truly amazing.
There's no way to make it to 26.2 without tackling but respecting the mile.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 141.4 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Nightly routine to 60 crunches, 30 side crunches each side, 40 squats, planking AND LOTS of stretching
- Started up 30 Day Easy Squat Challenge!
- Loving macros!
- Training for the Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) has already begun!
- Ran the Santa Shuffle 5K! Completed the year with 14 races completed!
- Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” and back and back again (LOL!) campaign with 750 miles for 2014!
- Menu planning tons! Check my "Fit Foodie" blogs for all that we've tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 625 day streak!