The mental struggle is real! I’m nearing the end of the training for Shamrock Marathon…the training that picked up 2 weeks after the end of OBX training which we began with group running about a month earlier to get into the groove of it all… Point being: I have been “training” since June 2014. Now before that turns the topic to how unhealthy that is, I chose that. I want that. I know that as a military family when the time even looks sorta right to grab hold of one of your dreams or goals you better get your butt in gear before that moment is gone. And that moment goes by quickly. Now back on track…
I have been training for about 8 months now. In that amount of time, I have definitely accomplished A LOT. The one issue I’ve encountered is one that I honestly never saw coming. I miss being pretty. I miss walking out of the house with clean non-running clothes, hair done, make-up and no intentions of getting sweaty. It’s something that I definitely took for granted before. While in training you don’t see that the rest days are the days to enjoy your life. You see them as the day that is strict in training to “resting”. Well at least I do. They are days that you should enjoy the little things! No need to think about that 20 miler that is happening in a couple days or anything else except being good with life. Go out! Have a coffee date! See a movie! Do the things that you love! The more that you don’t restrict yourself because you’re “in training” the less you’ll feel the training drain.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 141.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Royal Burpee Challenge day 6!
- Doing another challenge to do 30 push-ups for 30 days!
- Training for the Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) is at Week 13 of 18…the week of the 20!!!!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon the following week!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign… 237.38/250 miles!
- Nightly routine: crunches, butt lifts, leg lifts and ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Loving macros! This has honestly been the easiest nutrition plan to follow. I’ve moved to using a maintenance set of numbers to better fuel my body for the higher mileage.
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 680 day streak!