We've hit taper. That's right taper. The glorious break in the longer mileage and the point that the crazies come back because you don't feel like a running zombie anymore. I've slowed down a little in my speed lately...the 9-10 pace has been my solo shorter runs and our long run has been in the 11s. Trying to focus on the mileage and staying injury free. I find that it's super hard though. Everything inside me wants to just GO but my head keeps yelling at that feeling. Being a distance runner fights every aspect of the instant gratification. Can't focus on how fast I can get this first mile. Instead I need to concentrate on even energy distribution and paying respect to every mental mile.
Not much else to say. Still trying to battle the physical health side of everything. My thyroid and this Hashimoto's disease is kicking my tush some days. Other days are hard on my back injuries. I have been able to narrow down some of the issues but others will just take time.
Everything I do lately seems to be providing something in the long run and not the short...someone trying to tell me something?
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 145 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Crystal Coast Half Marathon tomorrow!
- Royal Burpee Challenge day 28!
- Training for the Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) is at Week 16 of 18!!!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon the following week!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World" Campaign... 362.61/500 miles!
- Nightly routine: crunches, butt lifts, leg lifts and ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my "Fit Foodie" blogs for all that we've tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 700 day streak!