I’d like to think of myself as humble and honest. I like challenges that push me to fear. I love to see who I am at the other side of it all. I say this here because I begin to wonder things before the physical tests ahead. They humble you. They make you honest. They challenge you and sometimes break you. You aren’t the same person walking out as walking in.
As I was packing today, every imaginable question came to mind. Am I ready? Can I do this? Why am I doing this? How did I think this was a good idea after the last marathon? Except for a little bit of social media posts to stop some of the thoughts…I let myself immerse in the questions and withdrew from normal contact. No friend, family, not even more than a gripe about changing the window wiper blade to my husband…no calls…no texts… Why? I need to have the quiet. I need to have the time to sort it all out. Find my answers before I step a foot on that start line. If I go with doubts, the miles will overcome me. If I go with strong mind and soul, I will overcome the miles. Yes, I do run with a partner but I cannot expect her to be the answer or my husband and kids who are cheering along the route. I need to know for me.
The answer is…this is who I want to be. I want to be a person that takes on the challenges that test the very core of who someone is.
“Test me, LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind” Psalm 26:2
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 145 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Royal Burpee Challenge day 41!
- St Paddy’s Engineer 5 mile Challenge complete!
- Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) is here!!!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon the following week!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign… 412.43/500 miles!
- Nightly routine: crunches, butt lifts, leg lifts and ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 715 day streak!