Memorial Day. It’s a day not of picnics or BBQs. It’s a day of remembrance. Celebrate? Yes, the lives of so many that are no longer with us because they choose to fight for our freedom and paid the ultimate sacrifice. I joined with a group of Stroller Warriors. There was a small dedication of our miles with speaking the fallens’ names and stories. I choose to ask Wear Blue: Run to Remember to provide me with a name since we have been fortunate to not directly know someone. They sent me this.
“In an effort to run with intention and meaning, you have asked wear blue to provide you the name of an American military member who has died in service in the Global War on Terror. Thank you for making your steps purposeful this Memorial Day in honor of Army Spc. Christopher A. Patterson, who was killed in action on January 6, 2012. To learn more about Spc. Patterson, you can visithttp://thefallen.militarytimes.com/army-spc-christopher-a-patterson/6568084.“
I have cried a couple times while reading about Army Spec Christopher Patterson. Maybe it is because I am in the military community so these things are closer to me but I do not think so. I cried because he sounds like he was an amazing young person with a great amount of bravery and dedication. It’s sad that the world is missing him and countless others like him.
Army Spec Christopher Patterson…I’m honored to have been able to run for you. God bless you!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 150.8 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Started Week 8 of Insanity Max:30!
- Trying to fund raise for the Semper Fi Fund team for the Marine Corps Marathon! https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign 1000 miles!!!
- Completed Run for the Warriors Half Marathon!
- Morning routine: Insanity Max 30: Month 2!
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches, crunches, leg lifts and pelvis lifts
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 785 day streak!