Competition can bring out the best and the worst in people. I think that's one of the main reasons I enjoy running. It's all on me. Like I've said before, only I can do what I can do and others can do only what they can do. Competing on a race day with other runners is perfectly normal! It is after all a race. Running is after all a sport. But where does the healthy competition end? When competition meets comparison to someone other than yourself.
I may sit in awe of other runner friends. I'm in a community filled with inspiring and strong women. How could I not be?!?! My goals for myself may have been inspired by them but they are still simply my goals that I am willing to take on. Watching a friend knock out a bunch of pull ups after not being able to do one gets me thinking... I've always wanted to be able to do that too!!! Seeing others take on mileage goals, pace goals, race finish goals and all of that inspire others to think about doing the same. Just don't let yourself fall into the comparison. Comparison brings out the nasty side of competition. Comparison makes it get ugly. Comparison takes away from your own accomplishment's joy.
In effort to get myself in the right frame of mind for it all, I unlinked or deleted a lot of the fitness apps that I felt would make me personally think about competing. I need to focus on the plan and the goal in front of me. No sidetracking.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 146.8 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 19.6% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Week 6
- Hanson Marathon Method Week 3!
- Next Race: Sandsational 8K
- Fund raising for the Semper Fi Fund team for the Marine Corps Marathon! https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria
- Team Semper Run event… Red, White & Silkies 5K to benefit Semper Fi Fund!!! http://www.eventbrite.com/e/2015-red-white-silkies-virtual-5k-tickets-16344455707
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign...on the road to 1250 miles!!!!
- Morning routine: Run & Kayla Itsines Bikini Body!
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches, crunches, leg lifts and pelvis lifts
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 828 day streak!