Another year has gone by... It's weird now though. Last year was a huge year filled with change (http://crazyrunderful.com/2014/08/04/2-year-fit-versary/). This year a lot has changed. I have hit a point in my weight loss that the scale tends to stay the same and the gains I'm achieving are different. This year has been about goals like completing marathon #1, marathon #2 & #3 back to back, Insanity Max 30, Kayla Bikini Body Guide and now training for marathon #4.
Mentally this change has been a little wearing. It's hard to be on such a journey of weight loss and then you reach a point where your body is content. You are putting in effort and still feel stunted because the number doesn't really change. I realize this is the point that everyone hits and every step is that much harder BUT it's still discouraging mentally nonetheless.
It has most definitely been a long road though. When we moved to North Carolina, I was miserable and obese. Three years later, I am a three time marathoner and training for another marathon & an ultramarathon. I do not even recognize the old me in pictures as myself anymore. I cannot remember that way of life.
- Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Remembrance 10K
- Stroller Warrior's Have 2 Half
- Ran my first marathon! Outer Banks Marathon
- Mimosa Bay Turkey Trot
- Santa Shuffle 5K
- Reindeer Dash for Cash 10 miler
- Discovered I have had Hashimoto's disease for a while now.
- Xtreme Endurance Challenge 10K
- Crystal Coast Half Marathon
- St. Paddy's Engineer 5 miler
- Shamrock 8K
- Shamrock Marathon
- Began fundraising for Semper Fi Fund team for a charity Marine Corps Marathon bib
- Emerald Isle Marathon
- Qualified for Marathon Maniacs AND Double Agent
- MARSOC Mud, Sweat & Tears
- Insanity MAX 30
- Krispy Kreme Glaze Craze
- Run for Warriors Half Marathon
- Memorial Day Run to Remember 9.11 miles
- Started marathon training and received my confirmation to run Marine Corps Marathon!
- Sandsational 8K