It is quite hard to not take offense to a huge variety of situations in the fitness conversation. There are so many tender spots and many do not tip toe around even when they really should. I admit...I've been offended a ton on this journey. I still get offended now but I've gotten better at rolling it off my back that's for sure. Some people have looked at my posts and thought I was bragging or too proud. Some have questioned my pictures and thought they were inappropriate or commented on how I should be ashamed for showing my body. Some have placed themselves in a competition with me...without my knowledge. Some have belittled the work I've put in. Some have never congratulated because they're jealousy blinds them.
WELL HERE'S MY ANSWER TO ALL OF THAT.
I am proud of the person I have become.
I have showed my body to stay accountable.
I have competed with who I was yesterday.
I have put in the work and I know what I can do.
I have congratulated every step I have seen because I know how it feels to not hear it even from those closest to me.
I have encouraged those around me despite what anyone else has said.
I have pushed myself to the edge and then showed others the way to their's.
I have cried when people tore me down or cast me aside.
I have struggled because I know I have given this my all.
I am by no means perfect but I strive to remember what it felt like to just be struggling through life and hating who was in the mirror. No matter what offense has been dealt, I have tried to continually say that hurting people hurt people. Sarcasm is a lot of times a way to make light of being mean. And never take what is dealt and turn in with it. Others do not know what you are made of. Others do not wake up and feel what you feel. Others do not know what you struggle with just to seem "normal".
Be proud of you. Pat yourself on the back. And those around you that do the same are the people that you should keep by you for life.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 154.2 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 19.6% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Next Race: Battleship Half Marathon & Old Glory 50K!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign 2,000 miles complete!!!!
- Morning routine: Run
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches, crunches, leg lifts and pelvis lifts
- Welcome to join Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 925 day streak!