I began this journey alone. In fact…I was all alone. We had just moved to a new town. The friends I had in the area already were in the process of leaving. Here I was in the house and absolutely miserable. At that point, I decided to get my college degree. I needed to focus on something. I needed a goal. Once I started, I just saw that it was not going to be enough. It didn’t find my happy.
I began running on my own with a couch to 5K program. Since then I have run many miles by myself, but as the miles grew being alone became an inconvenience. Running took up so much of my time that I could not possibly make room for other joys. It completely took over and so did my loneliness. Instead of remaining at peace in my solitude, I suddenly NEEDED others. I swore to myself that I just couldn’t do it without. Um, really? Who had I become? One of the best things about running was I did not need anything except my running shoes.
I was in need of balance. Balance in mind, body & soul.
Since dialing back my mileage, I have…
- reconnected with my reason for wanting to begin all of this
- gone on numerous dates with my husband
- met many times for coffee, lunch, play dates & just plain conversation
- started busting through my reading wishlist
- began sewing again
I have found my happy. It was lost for a while trapped in my inconvenience but now it is found.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 147.2 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 21% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Building & toning muscle
- Furthering my yoga practice
- Running with Charity Miles 🙂
- Next Race: Shamrock Half
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign restarted for 2016!
- Morning routine: Run and Weight lifting
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches, crunches, leg lifts, hip extensions, donkey kicks, squats, tricep pushups, pushups and plank
- Welcome to join Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,050 day streak!