- 1.the upper joint of the human arm and the part of the body between this and the neck made more defined by pushing a stroller for many miles up and down hills.
…or so my husband and I came up with after my last slurring/brain fog moment on my way home from the gym. No I was not drinking or anything like that. It is just something that happens to me. At times, my thought process is misinterpreted as an issue with my intelligence but it is not the case. Trust me on this…almost all of the people with autoimmune deal with brain fog. I have Hashimoto’s disease and hypothyroidism. It is something that is regulated with medicine but sometimes I experience the symptoms nonetheless. My thyroid function on its own is no where near where it should be. It was not found and went untreated for about a decade (when I remembered first feeling everything I do). This is also the same reason that before my last two half marathons I opened my Clif Shots, rolled the packaging down and stuck a bobby pin on them to store them in my Nathan hydration pack. I lose feeling in my hands and feet from time to time. I have had to ask people to help me zipper my jacket and even grab my phone out of my pack. During my ultra this last fall, my vision went blurry during the last 6 miles. But this is my battle. This is why I run. This is part of me.
Why am I saying all of this? I do not want someone to feel bad for me. I want those that are out there in the same boat to know…just because you are fighting something already doesn’t mean that you cannot still go out there and get where you want to. All you need to do is be safe. Listen to your body. Know your limits.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 148.6 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: ?%
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Building & toning muscle
- Furthering my yoga practice
- Running with Charity Miles 🙂
- Next Race: Hope for the Warriors!
- Been sticking to my macros and noticing big improvements
- Lifting 4 days a week as well as running 3 days a week
- Welcome to join Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,125