The hubby & I challenged ourselves this morning with the Murph WOD to honor the fallen. No vests or body armor and modifications for the pull-ups & push-ups BUT I completed it. Honestly, it scared me looking at the upper body needed for this. I can and have done 300 squats in a day before. I can easily and thankfully run 2 miles. BUT 100 pull-ups?!?! The most I had done in one day was 36. AND then 200 push-ups?!?!? Only thought…what have I gotten myself into but the entire way through I kept thinking to myself about those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. The loved ones left behind. Being an active duty Marine Corps family, this is all too close to home. What is pain from some pull-ups and push-ups compared to that!?!?
At the end of the workout and coming out of my thoughts, I realized that I completed this challenge in just under an hour! And not only did my body ache but my heart did too…but I am thankful to feel that. Thank you to all of those men & women who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 148.2 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 25.6% (using the gym’s machine instead of caliper)
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Next Race: Sand-sational 8K
- On week 12 of the She Sweats Run Builder from www.heandsheeatclean.com!!!
- Been sticking to my macros
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,170 day streak!
Welcome to join my Fitness Group on Facebook called Will Get Fit…for Cake https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/