Lately I have seen many acts of kindness…towards one’s self. I am a firm believer in watching the for a lesson in all I see. After the second or third viewing, I began to ponder if this was a lesson meant for me. Pretty sure that is a big fat YES. It is so hard to brush away progression and competition to simply allow a little grace. Before you question that last statement, yes I am talking about my inward progression and competition. Each day I am trying to push to be better than the day before but sometimes I get lost in that. I forget to be kind to myself and simply pull back when I should. I can offer that wisdom to others but I never take it myself. Well I hear you, God. Loud and clear. Today I did what I could and didn’t beat myself up for walking in between repeats or failing one of the sets of bench presses. Today I just told myself it was okay then I came home and found old pictures of myself to see how far I’ve come since the beginning of adding in strength training.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 151.0 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 25.6% (using the gym’s machine instead of caliper)
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Next Race: Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Week 2 of the She Runs This Marathon plan
- Working on Stroller Warriors’ Run the World campaign. Currently pushing towards 750 miles!
- Dialing back the weight for the Stronglifts 5×5. I have reached a super challenging point and marathon training has to take the front seat. For now, I am using less weight and working on perfect form.
- Been sticking to my macros BUT they have been readjusted to compensate for marathon training
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,210 day streak!
Welcome to join my Fitness Group on Facebook called Will Get Fit…for Cake https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/