Now that both the husband & I are training for fall races, we are trying out some new proteins and cleaner recipes. Recently, it has been a lot of either low ingredient whey proteins or plant based proteins. I am trying to see how each of them do when being used in recipes for regular foods or for quick protein snacks. Right now I have to say that I can see a world of a difference in how the batters hold. It is like the exploration of coconut flour all over again. When it comes down to it all though, my husband prefers the plant based proteins and the recipes we have found mostly on Amy's Healthy Baking and I prefer the whey proteins and the recipes on The Big Man's World. All that means is smaller batches and more recipes for prep which is more work but will be done all out of love.
Half dark chocolate Kodiak Powercake Pancakes and the other half is Blueberry lemon oat pancakes
Blueberry lemon oat pancakes (recipe from a friend)
- Add 1 cup oats, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp baking powder to a food processor and blend but leave coarse.
- In a bowl, whisk 1 egg, 1/4 c milk, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp lemon extract, 1 tsp sugar in the raw and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Add oats to mixture in bowl.
- Add 1/4 c blueberries and cook in pan on medium heat.
Key West Lime Chicken
Chocolate cookies & cream bars
- Crush 4 oreos and leave 4 whole
- Add to a measuring cup with 1 cup of Fairfield chocolate milk
- Place one oreo on a popsicle stick
- Pour the mixture into the molds halfway.
- Place in the oreo/popsicle stick
- Fill to the top with mixture