I have had a long lasting early morning date with my scale. It is not always a happy go lucky date. There have been plenty times that I have cussed it out and stormed away. After scrolling through instagram and reading a couple of memes, I decided it was time. Mr. Scale & I have gone our separate ways.
This all took place last month and I wasn't quite sure I'd want to find the outcome. I wasn't sure that I really wanted to go back to a place that I didn't weigh myself. For years I refused to buy one and they were some of the heaviest & most depressing years. Those years held no love between me and the girl in the mirror. So here's what I found out...
On August 1, I was 152.0 lbs.
On September 1, I was 151.4 lbs.
Moral of my story...habitual weighing doesn't change anything except my mood for the day. On heavier days, I beat myself up and on lighter days, I skip around smiling. This last month...I was just me. Just happy!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 151.4 lbs (wearing size 4-6, S & 27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 25.6% (using the gym's machine instead of caliper)
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Next Race: Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Week 9 of the She Runs This Marathon plan
- Working on Stroller Warriors' Run the World campaign. Currently pushing towards 750 miles!
- Nearing the heavy lifting taper of 6 weeks out from marathon training but super excited to hit a 145 lb deadlift and a 145 lb back squat.
- Haven't been watching my macros with a magnifying glass because I'm carbing more with the longer mileage.
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,250 day streak!
Welcome to join my Fitness Group on Facebook called Will Get Fit…for Cake https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/