The fall race season is not a big love of mine. Don't get me wrong. I love the races that take place in this season, but I do not like the North Carolina summer start of training. Just like the two years prior, this season burnt me. Give me 50 degree weather and no humidity...I can run happily for days.
This fall was MCM 26.2 again (record heat) and then RAGNAR Alafia Florida 50K. As I sit here and type this, I will be honest and admit that I haven't run in about 2 weeks. I'm resting post race and mentally reseting. Both were the best and the worst races for me. Mentally, they were amazing. I have never felt so empowered by my running and the people surrounding me. Physically, I'm burnt out. My body is in desparate need for a slower race season. Less distance. Less intensity. More loving the run.
I shouldn't be too surprised that this is where I am though. Since the fall 2014 race season, I've run 5 marathons and 2 ultramarathons. I have to just keep saying it so I myself can believe it. Now with a new year coming...it is time to relax a little. Reset. Relax. Return to Shamrock Half Marathon in search of a sub 2.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weighed-in: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Doesn't include the weight lost while pregnant - before pregnancy wore 18-24)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 151.8 lbs (wearing size 4-6, S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 18.1%
- 15% body fat
- Sub 2 hour half marathon
- Help ease thyroid issues through my nutrition: Ketogenic
- Simplify life...
- I stopped MyFitnessPal for a few days because the streak started to become something I was chasing and not using the app the way it should be.
- Fitness Facebook group deleted to ease the mental pressure to keep it active
- Come back to blogging my heart out
- More rest days because running or lifting every day is not the answer. Rest is needed in the equation too.