I am trying, you guys. I am trying hard to tell this to myself over and over.
In the wait, I have...
- Watched all of 13 reasons why
- Attempted to do at least 75% of my training runs
- Painted all the white trim in the entire house
- Watched all of the Lizzie Borden Chronicles
- Survived 5 days in a house with no coffee maker
- Gone to the beach a couple times
- Accepted into a masters program for nutrition
- Went for walks just for the conversation
- Read Cultivate What Matters a 3rd time
- Clean & purged our stuff before the movers
- Watched 12 seasons of Supernatural
- Got the tattoos I had been never finding time to get
- Went to the remaining places on my list of places to go before I go
- Read Anxious for Nothing
- Watched 4 seasons of Parks and Recreation
- Caught up on my blog writing again ❤️
- Watched the new Orange is the New Black season
- Had unsupervised trips to Target that didn't cost me my entire paycheck
- Steam cleaned the carpets
- Went on dates with my husband
- Last workouts and hugs with clients who became friends
- Had a ton of house showings
- Read Girl, Wash Your Face for the 3rd time
- Spent time laughing with my closest friends
- Read the Bible study for mil-spouses called Directed
- Watched the entire season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel with my best friend
- Closed all of our local accounts
- Began to open all we will need as well as school pre-registrations
- Went thrifting with my bestie
Granted that list is probably meaningless to you, but in the wait...so many things happen. So many wonderful things. The wait provided time of reflection, time with love, time walking beside friends, and time for closure. So I guess the wait just gets a bad rap. In the wait, we are prepared for the next chapter. We are pushed to sit within the beauty of what we had created a little bit longer. We are forced to make a couple more memories. In the wait, we are ripened and ready for what's next.
So run the runs building up to the day as though you are chipping away at to do list. You're readying yourself for the day when this chapter will come to a close. You are strengthening and ripening. You are becoming something new. You are savoring the journey. You are appreciating the change. You are opening yourself to what lies ahead with a strength you never had before.
So go out there. Run that run. Enjoy the ride. But most of all...run happy!